In this position located in Aarhus, Denmark, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and design (PLAN) of the entire IP Network as a basis for the corresponding mobile, fixed line and entertainment services. You’ll be situated within the IP unit but working across multiple departments to ensure end-to-end service excellence. The existing team consists of 5 IP Network Architects: everyone has a basis in core network knowledge plus a specialization in either datacenter, mobile, access, transport, TV, etc.
You’ll be the technical lead in the team.
- Set the strategic direction, design and continually evolve the IP Network onto the highest possible standard
- Responsible for the overall Network Topology (i.e. IP/Access, MPLS, Mobile Services, TV Services)
- Orchestrate and drive future network evolution, including software defined networking when appropriate
- Develop a holistic view across network and service delivery; ask the right questions
- Ensure overall network design for resilient and high availability services, also in respect to IP-Security
- Understand legacy systems and manage risks
- Inspiring other people in their tasks and services
- Participate in projects
- Participate in resolving of special engineering issues with vendors
You are an experienced telecommunications engineer with the following background:
- At least 10 years of practical experience in very complex network environments (Legacy systems, high availability, TelCo grade network that runs real time services or equivalent)
- CCIE or equivalent Juniper certification level knowledge (current certification not essential) and ideally IP Security experience too
- Strong influencing skills/”gravitas” to get complex solutions agreed and implemented
- A degree in Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer science or Physics or demonstrated knowledge
- Fluent in English (Danish not required, but a plus)
- Curious, but experienced (senior) mindset, with role-specific communication skills (C-level and specialist level) and ability to motivate/engage a team.
Why should you join?
- You will develop your skills through managing a complex high availability network that supports top-quality real-time services
- The company pays 10% private pension contributions on top of your salary
- You can participate in many social activities such as fitness studios, sports, events - and lunch with your colleagues in the onsite canteen
- Your mobile phone contract and internet access at home is free
If you are interested in this very exciting opportunity, we look forward to receiving your application with your CV per e-mail. We welcome applicants from outside the European Union, but you have to apply for a work permit in Denmark.
You can be assured of our quick turnaround and full discretion and confidentiality.